Our school compact is signed by all students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators. It is our promise to each other.
As an ESM student I promise to…
- arrive at school on time, everyday, in uniform, and ready to learn.
- do all my school work, all my homework, and read every night for at least 20 minutes.
- cooperate with students, staff, and visitors to make ESM a safe and effective learning environment.
- use the environmental sciences, problem solving, and critical thinking skills to explore my curiosities about the natural world around me.
- participate in service learning events.
- ask for help from an adult when I have a question or a problem.
- follow HAWKS* school-wide expectations.
As an ESM faculty member I promise to…
- provide a safe, fair, nurturing learning environment for all.
- have high expectations for myself, students, parents, community members, and other staff members.
- communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, and community by responding in a timely fashion to all e-mails, voice mails, notes, and requests.
- support students’ academic, social, and emotional growth by meeting their individual needs.
- passionately model and integrate the environmental sciences into all aspects of the students educational experience to improve the natural world around us.
- practice, teach, and model HAWKS* school-wide expectations.
As an ESM parent or guardian I promise to…
- attend all school conferences, participate in at least four school events, and one service learning event.
- send my child to school everyday on time, and in full uniform.
- support respectful and polite communication among students, faculty, and other parents.
- support and challenge my child/children daily by monitoring and ensuring that they have a structured time and place to complete all at-home assignments, including their reading each day.
- support the environmental theme by exposing my child/children to the natural world and the environmental sciences.
- practice, review, and model HAWKS* school-wide expectations.
*HAWKS: Have respect, Act responsibly, Work together, Keep Safe, Soar to success.
Family Service Support Provider:
Our Family Service Support Provider, Doreen Clapis, assists parents and serves as a liaison between the school and family. She can offer assistance with uniforms, volunteering, attendance, before/afterschool care, and or tutoring.